My name is Susan, and I am the owner, designer and maker behind QuirkySue’s.
* I am in my early 40’s, have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 25 years, and am the mother of two amazing adult daughters.
* I live in HOPE, which as far as town names go is the BEST.NAME.EVER.
Hope is a tiny community of about 5000, nestled at the base of several mountains at the eastern end of the Fraser Valley in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. It is a land of lush green forests, rivers and waterfalls, and abundant wildlife. I love where I live. I live in HOPE.
How I got here:
Midlife crisis, and a fridge magnet that reminded me “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.”
September 2015 was the turning point for me, and the beginning of my obsession. I absolutely LOVE making and creating, and I am following my bliss in every sense by dedicating my focus and energy toward developing this business.
* I am a vegetarian, and most likely will transition eventually to vegan. It’s such a big part of who I am now that it’s important that I mention that. (I have a vegetarian foodie instagram account @ eat.green.food)
* I was born on Halloween, which makes me a Scorpio. I’ve been told I’m an old soul, an earth angel and/or a lightworker by those who claim to know such things. (shrug) Maybe, maybe not. I believe I am becoming more empathic and intuitive, more connected.
- I’m getting braces this year! While some may see it as unimportant in the grand scheme of things at this stage of my life, it is a very big deal for me. Yes this is just a flesh bag, and I am so much more than my physical appearance, but improving my smile will give me the self confidence I have been lacking so I can find my voice.
* I love crystals. Especially Labradorite and Larimar. Also quartz points or clusters, including its variations such as amethyst and citrine. I have them throughout my home, even in the bathroom, in my garden, and hanging from the rear view mirror in my vehicles. I often stop to pick up agates, jasper and pyrite that I find in our gravel driveway so there’s usually a rock in my pocket or a pile of them on our front doorstep!
* I love my life. That may sound cheesy but it’s true! I am so appreciative and thankful that things are always working out for me. I believe in the Law of Attraction. If you don’t know what that is, look it up. Attitude and intention is everything!